Fundamentals of MySQL is the first step in mastering MySQL, the world's most popular open-source database. Develop solid understanding and practical experience using relational databases, SQL and the MySQL Server and tools. This course is perfect for those interested using MySQL for backend data storage in their applications.
Hands-on activities are included designed to reinforce the content delivered in the course. A step-by-step document is provided to guide in creating a hands-on Windows 10 VM. A cloud-based VM is also available for the attendees to use, which can be purchased separately.
- SQL Queries: Covers both basic and advanced SQL queries. Understand table joins and aliases, creating grouping based queries using aggregate functions.
- Data Manipulation: Work with INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and TRUNCATE commands. Discover how to handle duplicate data. Understand handling transaction based commands.
- Accessing Metadata: Get information about your schema structure and database objects using the SHOW commands and the INFORMATION_SCHEMA tables.
- MySQL Objects: Create and use Views, Functions, and Stored Procedures.
- Export and Import Data: Move data into and out of your MySQL database.
Module 1: Introduction to RDBMS and MySQL
- Why a Relational Database?
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Relational Database Concepts
- About MySQL
Module 2: SQL Language
- About SQL
- Basic Query Syntax
- Querying with MySQL Workbench
Module 3: Data Modification
- Modifying Data
- Handling Duplicate Values and Rows
- Handling Transactions
Module 4: Advanced Queries
- Table Joins and Aliases
- Grouping and Aggregating
- Viewing Metadata
Module 5: Using MySQL Objects
- Stored Procedures
Module 6: Exporting and Importing Data
- Exporting Data
- Importing Data
- MySQL Workbench Wizard
No prior knowledge of MySQL or SQL is assumed.